Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wrong answer...?

Hi! I am back…after an 8 month hiatus. And it was not because nothing happened, I have been lazy.

In the past couple of days, I have twice “failed” a test that normal people pass, including my friend, her co-workers, sister, brother, brother-in-law, dad, uncle, and cousin. The first time was when my friend Amanda forwarded me the email, and the second was at dinner when my brother-in-law told a story.

The story is along this line: At your mother’s funeral you meet a man and fall deeply in love, believing him to be your soul mate. He leaves before you can get his name, phone number, any contact information—nothing. The next week you kill your sister, why?

Normal people say things like: “you were so heartbroken you killed her out of rage,” or “she started dating the man you met.” In a scientific study, it was proven that psychopaths answer along this line: “you thought he might attend your sister’s funeral, you wanted to see him again, so you killed your sister.”

When I first read the email, I immediately answered that I killed my sister so he would come to her funeral. I came up with no other answer. I am a psychopath! When I told my friend who emailed, she laughed saying only one other person she knows answered it as a psychopath would. When my brother-in-law told the story, the rest of the people at the table did not even get close to the psychopathic answer. I was getting really stressed out because they were no where near close! I am a psychopath and highly strung.

However, my brother-in-law’s mother gave the psychopathic answer and she is the opposite of a psychopath! My mom and grandma have not taken the test as far as I know. Anyways, aren’t psychopaths also geniuses?

No comments: