Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Karaoke...Living the Dream!

The other night my friends and I went to a karaoke bar. We had been talking about it for a while, so I was very excited and, yes, very prepared.

Lets go back a little bit. When my sister got engaged all I wanted was to sing "Proud Mary" at the reception. She said no. He said no. For the past couple of years I have been Tina Turner for Halloween and even got the compliment from a friend that "Annie is the best Tina." Thank you Mikey. So the natural choice for my karaoke song was "Proud Mary!"

It was great! I had people singing along and cheering, and even a few people stood up at the end for a standing ovation. Perhaps it was the Tina shimmy and shake that I have nailed down, or my fun stage presence, I don't know...

All I do know is talent scouts---I am waiting!!

No comments: