Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My brief moment...

Middle Child Syndrome went into full effect this week. Not only was it just my siblings, but my little cousin Trip jumped in on it as well!

Last week for Tuesday Night Dinner my older sister Janie could not make it. We missed her, but we still had fun. Normally it is my brother Joe and Janie who tell me to do things, and I do them. I do them without question. Last week, however, the roles switched. I TOLD Joe to smell a sauce and he did, without question or hesitation! It was such a great feeling that all week I felt empowered.

Things all changed over the weekend. Janie, Joe and I were all watching YouTube videos at Janie’s house. (This is after we all went down to her office on a Thursday night to make sure she blew out her candle.) Earlier this week I saw a very funny video, it was even on perezhilton.com, and showed it to Janie and Joe. I must admit, the version I showed them was not funny, but it was the original version I saw either. They watched about 10 seconds before turning it off. Typical Annie: I show the unfunny video.

Over the weekend, things got totally back to normal. I was house-sitting for my younger cousins while my aunt and uncle celebrated my aunt’s 50th birthday in Chicago! So when some weirdo’s showed up to the door and said “we are here for the party” I asked and “who is hosting this party?” I know, I could have said something WAY cooler, but that is not my style. The story also would have been better if the kids did not know my cousin’s name, but they did. Thank you Trip for bringing that up last night!! Janie and Joe got a huge laugh out of that.

So like always, I am reminded by myself and my family, just how much of a middle child I am.

No comments: