Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy, Sunshine Cupcakes


A few weeks ago, after weeks of gray, dreary weather, I needed a little pick me up. I decided to combine two of my favorite things in life: baking and themes! What did I come up with? "Happy, Sunshine Cupcakes." They were amazing: an orange cake with homemade raspberry icing. It is was my first foray in making icing and it was not a bad start at all.

Not only did it give me the pick up that I needed, it gave me a non-chocolate treat. See, I gave up chocolate for Lent and Jelly Beans and Twizzlers just don't cut it at times.

As for the picture. Yes, that is a plate in the background. It reflected what little light I had to work with. I think that the fact that I am experimenting with light with a step forward in my food photography.

No comments: